Motorcycle eyewear for bikers
SHIPMENT IN 48 HOURS
Tinted lensesAKO glasses come with 3 colored eye lenses of your choice (front lens) with different filtering properties, which can be selected from 8 different colors. We of course leave it up to you to choose the colors according to your use of the glasses.
Lens categoriesThe filtering properties of the lenses offered with these glasses are divided into 5 different categories:
- Category 0: These lenses have light colors (for example, white) or have a very light tint. They filter 0-19% of the sun’s rays and offer aesthetic comfort combined with physical eye protection (e.g. against dust or flies).
- Category 1: Lightly tinted lenses (e.g., yellow or orange) in this category filter between 20% and 57% of sunlight intensity. This type of filtration is recommended for heavy cloud cover, fog, or even at night. However, the use of this category is not recommended in strong sunlight.
- Category 2: These sun protection lenses are slightly darker than category 1, filtering between 58% and 82% . This protection is suitable for average light conditions.
- Category 3: This category is perfect for most sunny situations. The lenses filter out 83% to 92% of sunlight. They provide excellent eye protection from sunlight and glare. This light protection is particularly effective in bright sunlight (in summer, by the sea, on the beach and during winter sports).
- Category 4: This light protection is the strongest and filters up to 97% of the light. It is used in cases of extreme sunlight where the brightness is tenfold (reflection on snow and water – mountaineering, boating, etc.) Caution: as perception is impaired, it is forbidden to wear lenses of this category to drive a car or motorcycle.
StandardsEYEFUL AKO glasses comply with the European Directive 89/686/EEC according to the standard EN 18836: 2005 / A1: 2007 (sunglasses for general use).
Glasses sizes:Eyewear width (screw to screw): In order to determine the right size for your EYEFUL motorcycle glasses we recommend that you measure the distance between the two eyeglass temples already in your possession. Then choose the EYEFUL frame that most closely matches your measurement. The sizes of the EYEFUL AKO glasses are:
- SPRINGFIELD – 133 mm
- LINCOLN – 137 mm
- FLAGSTAFF – 145 mm
Do you need vision lenses with a prescription?All prescription lenses can be worn with these glasses – even progressive lenses! In this set, we also provide an optical frame, which can easily be clicked into the frame between the grind and the lenses. The optician of your choice can insert lenses of your prescription (including progressive lenses) into this optical frame. We recommend an anti-reflective coating on the lenses, lens hardening and anti-fog coating are not mandatory. The frame is made of durable metal (not plastic) and can be reused, meaning that even if your vision correction changes, you can simply insert new lenses into the frame.
- Warranty on frame: 2 years
- Shipping time: 2 days
Items included in the set
The glasses are part of the motorcycle equipment as well as the helmet, the jacket, the gloves or the boots. Whether on the road, in enduro, in GP racing or in motocross… motorcycle goggles are of paramount importance.
The motorcycle equipment must be complete. The visor is often not enough protection against wind, insects or dust, opting for motorcycle glasses offers incomparable comfort. Motorcycle goggles are specially designed to fit under your helmet with flexible and resistant temples or with a headband that is placed on your head.
Motorcycle helmet eyewear offers a multitude of benefits. The lenses of these motorcycle glasses are anti UV, anti fog, anti shock and often made of polycarbonate and are anti scratch. The lenses (eye shields) are of various colors ranging from transparent category 0 to smoked black cat 4 through yellow, green, brown or orange. The properties of these lenses depend on your expectations and your use (night driving, anti glare, anti blue light …).
The motorcycle glasses proposed by the Eyeful brand are adapted to eyeglass wearers. Thanks to an accessory (metal frame) placed inside the frames it is possible to clip on corrective lenses to your sight. Your optician will be able to easily mount corrective lenses on these kits. This type of eyewear has the advantage of allowing you to enjoy your colored glasses (smoked, yellow…) with lenses perfectly suited to your vision. If you change colors of glasses (colored screens), the kit with your sight remains, him, fixed at the frame of your motorcycle glasses.
The temples are removable and can be unclipped, allowing you to attach an adjustable headband. If your helmet is a full face helmet, choose the soft temples rather than the headband. For a jet helmet or a bowl helmet (half) the headbands are perfectly adjusted for a café racer, biker, Harley Davidson style. Finally, you should know that on a scooter, glasses are also important.