Motorcycle eyewear for bikers
SHIPMENT IN 48 HOURS
These motorbike glasses have been specially designed and developed to be worn under various types of helmets (full face helmet, jet helmet, modular helmet…). They can also be used as motorbike sunglasses when equipped with tinted lenses to filter out UV rays. Of course, these glasses can also be worn without a helmet, for example on the beach or when hiking.
In order to maintain your glasses over time and adapt them to your needs, all parts of these innovative glasses are interchangeable (modular system). All parts are available for over 10 years in our EYEFUL stock. The glasses are delivered with thin, but strong and flexible temples, very comfortable to wear, which can be replaced by an elastic strap (also included in the delivery). The material of the temples and the frame is made of Grilamid, a technical and very resistant material, but still soft and comfortable.
To prevent unpleasant draughts, there is a padded frame made of thermoformed foam inside the glasses. Fogging of the lenses is largely prevented by this specially developed additional frame (included in the scope of delivery).
These glasses can be worn not only for motorcycling, but also for many other sports where helmets are used.
The AKO glasses are supplied with 3 coloured eye lenses (front lens) with different filtering properties, which can be selected from 8 different colours. Of course, we leave it to you to choose the colours according to your use of the glasses.
Categories of glasses
The filtering properties of the lenses offered with these glasses are divided into 5 different categories:
- Category 0: These lenses have light colours (e.g. white) or have a very light tint. They filter 0-19% of the sun’s rays and offer aesthetic comfort combined with physical eye protection (e.g. against dust or flies).
- Category 1 : Lightly tinted lenses (e.g. yellow or orange) in this category filter out between 20% and 57% of the sunlight intensity. This type of filtration is recommended in case of heavy cloud cover, fog or even at night. However, the use of this category is not recommended in strong sunlight.
- Category 2 : These sun protection lenses are slightly darker than category 1, filtering between 58% and 82%. This protection is suitable for medium light conditions.
- Category 3 : This category is perfect for most sunny situations. The lenses filter out 83% to 92% of sunlight. They offer excellent eye protection against solar radiation and glare. This light protection is particularly effective in bright sunlight (in summer, by the sea, on the beach and during winter sports).
- Category 4 : This is the strongest light protection and filters up to 97% of the light. It is used in cases of extreme sunlight where the brightness is increased tenfold (reflection on snow and water – mountaineering, boating, etc.) Caution: as perception is impaired, it is forbidden to wear lenses of this category when driving a car or motorbike.
EYEFUL AKO sunglasses comply with the European directive 89/686/EEC according to the standard EN 18836 : 2005 / A1 : 2007 (sunglasses for general use).
Glasses sizes :
Width of the glasses (screw to screw) :
In order to determine the right size for your EYEFUL motorbike glasses we recommend that you measure the distance between the two temples of the glasses you already have. Then choose the EYEFUL frame that most closely matches your measurement. The sizes of the EYEFUL AKO glasses are:
- SPRINGFIELD – 133 mm
- LINCOLN – 137 mm
- FLAGSTAFF – 145 mm
Do you need prescription lenses?
All prescription lenses can be worn with these glasses – even progressive lenses! In this set we also provide an optical frame, which can easily be clicked into the frame between the frame and the lenses.
The optician of your choice can insert lenses of your prescription (including progressive lenses) into this optical frame. We recommend an anti-reflective coating on the lenses, lens hardening and anti-fog coating are not mandatory.
The frame is made of durable metal (not plastic) and can be reused, i.e. even if your vision correction changes, you can simply insert new lenses into the frame.
- Frame warranty: 2 years
- Shipping time: 2 days
Items included in the set
Goggles are part of motorbike equipment in the same way as helmets, jackets, gloves or boots. Whether on the road, in enduro, GP racing or motocross… motorbike goggles are extremely important.
Motorcycling equipment must be complete. The visor is often not enough protection against wind, insects or dust, opting for motorbike glasses offers incomparable comfort. Motorbike goggles are specially designed to fit under your helmet with soft, strong temples or a headband that fits over your head.
Motorbike helmet eyewear has a multitude of advantages. The lenses of these motorbike glasses are anti UV, anti fog, anti shock and often made of polycarbonate and are anti scratch. The lenses (eye shields) come in a variety of colours ranging from transparent category 0 to smoky black cat 4, including yellow, green, brown and orange. The properties of these lenses depend on your expectations and your use (night driving, anti-glare, anti blue light…).
The motorbike glasses proposed by Eyeful are adapted to eyeglass wearers. Thanks to an accessory (metal frame) that can be placed inside the frames, it is possible to clip on corrective lenses for your vision. Your optician will be able to easily fit corrective lenses to these kits. This type of eyewear has the advantage of allowing you to enjoy your coloured glasses (smoked, yellow…) with lenses that perfectly fit your vision. If you change the colour of your lenses (coloured screens), the kit remains attached to the frame of your motorbike glasses.
The temples are removable and can be unclipped, allowing you to attach an adjustable headband. If your helmet is a full face helmet, choose the soft temples rather than the headband. For a jet helmet or a bowl helmet (half) the headbands are perfectly adjusted for a café racer, biker, Harley Davidson style. Finally, you should know that for scooters, glasses are also important.